hair mysteries, solved.


Friday, June 26, 2009

A few things you might not know about hair:

1. Hair is food. And that food is "nutritious." It's also pretty inexpensive: $3.89 for the 8oz tub. That's way cheaper than hummus.

Photobucket

2. If it's bad for your heart, it's good for your hair. I'm excited about this one because it's a great solution for what to do with picnic leftovers. Just throw that extra potato salad into a shower cap, throw it on and let it sit for 5-10 minutes while you shave your legs. Done and done.

Photobucket

3. At first I wondered if maybe "placenta" means something else in Spanish. Like... "Color Protection." Or "No More Tears." Turns out, no. It means placenta. I think it's time we stop producing hair products on a dare.

9 comments:

lisa said...

Placenta? Seriously?

Meghann said...

where on earth did you find this stuff? Only in NYC I guess.

becky said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
becky said...

well, eating the placenta is practiced in some parts of the world, so i feel like this is at least a step in the right direction

Mallory said...

I took a class once that talked about all the stuff in beauty products and it is SO SICK. I seem to remember people buying products with HUMAN PLACENTA in it... Apparently the high protein makes for awesome beauty. So. Sick.

e said...

I think that Katie Holmes said eating the placenta after having their baby... I can't remember her (his?) name. Anyway. Back to the point at hand: I think she said her hair fell out less quickly and stayed pregnancy-shiny longer... Just kidding. I made that up. I think it did nothing for her, but made her gag. BUT, if I hadn't made it up, one would hope to see a picture of Katie Holmes on the next print of the bottle.

Emily said...

I didn't know carrots had cholesterol... or that placenta came in different colors!

Jamie Curtis said...

these are hilarious. i'll have to pass on some ideas to my team! :)

tucker said...

apparently soaking your hair in olive oil works too, and that doesn't reach nearly the same levels of grossitude as HUMAN PLACENTA

:) tucker

prone-to-hyperbole.blogspot