bundles of joy


Sunday, December 7, 2008

When the Mister and I got engaged, we had an overwhelmingly positive response, with lots of "Congratulations," and lots of "When's the Big Day," but strangely enough, the most common response (at least among my female friends) was:

"You're going to make beautiful babies!"

That's such a great compliment, but... with all due respect, female friends, you don't know that. There are several documented cases of attractive people (which I think you're suggesting we are) creating downright ugly babies. For example:
Just because two people are (relatively) attractive, doesn't mean they can't turn around and have a baby who looks like Weird Al.
Anyway, I bring this up because last night, I stumbled upon a little site called makemebabies.com and curiosity got the best of me. I was... shall I say, alarmed? with what I found:
Photobucket
So, I guess the good news is, we're able to e-conceive. The bad news is, we're having fat Latinas and baby Rick Astleys.

7 comments:

Michelle Glauser said...

I have yet to see good-looking babies come from that site. I think it's impossible not to have cuter babies than one can find there.

Sarah said...

HA! I love you. Also, for a second there, I thought this post was going to end with "and I'm pregnant. Ta-DA!" which, while it would make me very excited for twice as many niece/nephew cheeks to chew, would alarm me that you told the internet before me.

So what I'm saying is, you're funny. And those babies are not nearly as attractive as yours inevitably will be.

Reid Brian Hall said...

Yeah.... but look on the bright side. At least you know that your baby is never going to give you up, nor let you down, nor turn around, nor desert you. And with all things considered, wouldn't you rather have an ugly yet devoted child than an attractive one that would do all the aforementioned?

Jonathan Canlas said...

that is the funniest thing EVER

The Cliftens said...

I have a tear rolling down my face. This might be your best entry yet. I always new you had some hispanic blood in you.

Lacey Jane said...

Yep- Angie does it again! He-larious! (I miss you, co-worker.)

Anonymous said...

HA! My hubbie and I discovered that site on our honeymoon - and were shocked to see the outcome. Yikes! ;)