Tuesday, June 10, 2008
It keeps happening. I attempt to research some aspect of the wedding process... and I stumble upon something(s) HORRIBLE. This time, my research into wedding hairstyles turned up results far more shocking than even the sexy motorcycle portraits. I want to assure you, dear reader, that every single one of these photos is SERIOUS. And while some of them may look more at home on the Broadway stage or atop a Drag Queen, they are all a result of a "Wedding Hairstyles" image search on Google.
I present to you, "Updos: A Tragedy."
1. This seems like a really lame hairstyle until you realize how educational it is. I haven't thought about mitochondria (or eukaryotic cells in general) since Biology 101. Thanks, Science Updo!
2. For the physical therapist bride, here we have Support and Compression Updo, a style that looks weird AND prevents swelling.
3. Dear Abby... On my wedding day, I'll be carrying around a buttload of paperclips. Can you recommend an updo that will store my office supplies? Why yes, it's Office Max Updo.
5. I like to imagine that there was this beautiful unicorn, who wanted very badly to be a real girl... and she met a sorcerer in the forest who granted her wish... and when she emerged from the forest, all covered in newly human skin, eyes burning and tail missing... this is what her hair looked like. Viva la Floppy Horn Updo!
6. This is neither a woman, nor an updo, but it showed up in my image search. And I can't take my eyes off of it.
7. This style, while stunning, can be quite painful, as it requires the harvesting of skin from the lower back in order to fashion a lovely... umm, blossom? Skin Graft Updo.
8. Not a terrible updo, but... I think we can all agree that this "bride" is a twelve year-old boy.
9. Two words: Slugs Updo.
10. You can tell from the photo that this woman is straining to keep her head up under the weight of this "UpDung."
11. Storage Updo: I'm actually considering this one for MY wedding. I'm thinking I'll be able to stash a can of Diet Pepsi IN MY BANGS.
12. Poisonous Updo: C'mon, Bret Michaels. You're not fooling anyone. Take the corset off.