back to "normal"


Sunday, August 9, 2009

You'll be happy to know that my Mister made it back safely from his crazy Appalachian Adventure - no panther attacks or trail mix overdoses. There was an incident with a raccoon intruder, but I think any situation that can be treated by banging two pans together can't really be considered life-threatening.

While he was gone, I got caught up on my episodes of Intervention, which he isn't particularly fond of (he says it's "depressing" - I know, weird, right?) and in the process, discovered a new show called Obsessed, also on aetv.com. It's a fascinating show that documents the lives of people suffering from OCD and ironically, I've become obsessed with it. I have to check A&E several times a day to see if there is a new episode, and if there isn't, I scrub my hands with steel wool until they bleed. Just kidding, I just watch clips and re-read the case studies.

It's so nice to have my Mister back! I was single for hmphrthirtwentryhrmph years and I can honestly say that being married suits me far better. I like having a pal to come home to and to play games with. My favorite game to play since he's been back is, Does This Itch? It's a simple game. Basically, I find a bug bite on his body and then scratch it furiously, asking, "Does this itch???" His answer is always the same: "Please stop."

I know what you're thinking right now and you're totally right: it is a blast being married to me.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

That sounds like our favorite game of picking at J's skin and then asking "does this hurt?"

He LOVES it.