hypothermia, giardia, etc.


Monday, July 27, 2009

The idea that love is scary has never made much sense to me. Not only does it sound like something you'd hear in a voiceover on Dawson's Creek, it just doesn't seem right to me. Having a crush is scary and dating is terrifying, but love is just nice. Especially marriage love. Sorry, did that sound gross?

Anyway, I've never understood scary love... until My Mister decided to go on a six day, 55 mile backpacking trip on the Appalachian Trail. In the days leading up to his departure, I was able to come up with about ten different ways he might perish, two of which involve panthers. One has to do with too much trail mix. Now I understand. For the first time in my life, I actually relate to Dawson's Creek.

And it's... like... scary, you know?**

Hurry home, Mister.

**To be read in the scrunchy-faced, side-smirky, Katie Holmes manner.

4 comments:

cara said...

my boy sailed across the atlantic, twice, in a little boat. That was enough to teach me that love is scary.

I hope your boy hurries back soon.

Jill said...

and the fact that he can't even call compounds the problem. don't worry, he will return, and more of a man with his bug bites and battle wounds.

Will said...

Of all the things I miss about Dawson's Creek, I miss those is-Joey-expressing-an-emotion-or-having-a-stroke smiles the most.

Emily said...

Wait, are you sure he isn't in Argentina? J/k. Good thing he is a good, trustworthy boy. He will come back safe and sound. But in case you're concerned, you may want to check out this article: How to tell Argentina from the Appalachian Trail: http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/columnists/chi-talk-appalachia-argentinajun25,0,6134447.column