say "what" again, brett!


Monday, December 17, 2007

I don't want my blog to just turn into a chronicle of celebrity sightings... but I couldn't resist sharing this: I saw another celebrity today. This one slightly more obscure than Apolo Anton Ohno. It was Frank Whaley, the guy who plays Brett in Pulp Fiction.

He was talking on his cell phone and looking like he was coming off of a ten-day coke binge (I know what this looks like because I watch Intervention). But I still recognized him. Since I'm unable to enjoy a celebrity sighting in solitude, I fumbled for my phone and sent a text to FLD.

Me: Guess who I saw at the Gap on my lunch break? Brett from Pulp Fiction!
Him: I don't know who that is.
Me: Remember? "Say 'what' again, Brett! I dare you! I double dare you!"
Him: You mean Tim Roth?
Me: Sigh. No.

I realize I was more excited than I should have been, given the caliber of celebrity. I even told the sales associate there was a celebrity in her midst. She didn't hide her disappointment well when I told her who it was. She was clearly hoping for someone more glamorous. Possibly someone who is famous.

If you're totally lost, here's the clip from Pulp Fiction. Oh, and it's in Spanish. Somehow it seems less vulgar that way. To my Latino and Spanish-speaking readers, viewer discretion IS advised.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are a freak! Freak in a, how did you even remember him, let alone his name? We just watched it this past weekend, and there is no way i would have recalled him.

Sarita said...

I think that is a talent, the ability to recognize lesser known actors.

Of course, I think I see them all over the place, but I'm always wrong. It's kinda like seeing dead people, but not.